Keep your energy levels up while you are out and about, with these super tasty and healthy Apple Oat Muffins. These are really easy to make and can be stored in an airtight container, for great snacks that you and the kids can grab through the week.
Ingredients, for a batch of 6 Muffins:
- 1 Egg
- 60g Rolled Oats
- 120ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan) and grease the muffin tray with coconut oil spray.
- In a jug, add the milk, egg and oats and mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, honey, vanilla essence and baking powder and mix well.
- Chop your apple into small pieces and add to the jug.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Divide the mix into the greased tray holes.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then gently remove with a large spoon.
- These can be kept in the fridge for a few days.
- Enjoy hot or cold.