This 15-minute Postnatal Booty workout will activate, sculpt and lift your glutes. During pregnancy the glutes weaken and this can result in flatter glutes. We love building the booty back up. These exercises will help you wake up those glutes and get that shape back.
Please take care when starting any exercise and ensure you have the OK from your GP/Health Professional.
Grab a timer & stick some motivating music on.
Do each warm-up move for 30 seconds.
Repeat the circuit twice.
high knee march
- Lift one knee at a time
- Keep the knee below hip height
- Keep your chest lifted
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than you hips
- Keeping your chest up - sit your hips back and down as if going to sit
- As you lower keep your knees inline with your feet - you may need to push them out gently.
- Ensure you can see your toes - if you cant then push your hips back
- Stand and repeat
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips
- Lift one heel towards your bottom and then back to the floor
- Repeat on the other side
- Keep pushing out the knees gently as you curl
Booty Blast - Main Workout
40 Seconds Each Move - 20 Seconds Rest
Use the 20 Seconds to get into position for the next move.
bridge with pelvic lift
- Lay on your back with your hands by your sides, your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your core and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine.
- Inhale before moving...
- Exhale and Lift your Pelvic Floor as you push through your feet and squeeze your glutes to raise the hips.
- Ensure the hips stay level as you lift.
- Repeat with an inhale back down and lifting with an exhale and pelvic lift.
squats with pelvic lift
- Stand with your feet apart, slightly wider than your hips
- Tighten your stomach muscles.
- Inhale as you lower your hips back & down
- Exhale & Lift your Pelvic Floor as you stand.
- Repeat by inhaling as you lower and exhaling and lifting your pelvic floor every time you stand.
If you don't normally use weights, this can be done without dumbbells.
- Stand with your chest upright holding two dumbbells in your hands by your sides.
- Inhale and step forward with your right leg while keeping the torso upright and maintaining balance.
- Ensure your knee stays behind your toes.
- Exhale and use the heel of your foot to push back to the start position.
- Repeat the movement, alternating legs.
sumo squat hold with pelvic pulses
- Take a wide stance, this is so you work your glute muscles. Point your feet out a little bit.
- Engage your core and keep your back kept straight.
- Sit your hips backwards whilst pushing the knees out slightly as you lower.
- Stop at the bottom - ensuring your core is still engaged.
- Exhale with some quick pelvic pulses whilst you hold the squat.
- Rise back to your starting position.
- Ensure you can maintain core activation whilst at the bottom of the squat - have a rest when needed during the 40 second interval.
Finish by stretching the quads (front of your thighs) and then relaxing into a child's post stretch to release tension in your back, neck and hips.
- Stand tall, pull your abdominals in, and relax your shoulders.
- Use a wall or chair to balance.
- Bring your heel toward your butt, and hold with your hand.
- Switch legs and repeat the stretch.
child's pose stretch
- Open your knees and sit your hips back
- Lean forward over your thighs so that your forehead rests on the floor.
- Reach your arms out in front of you.
- Breathe deeply and relax and release any tension you might be feeling in your back, neck, or hips.
- Allow your body to relax into the stretch.
download & print the main workout images here
Please ensure you follow the instructions on core activation and pelvic lifts during the workout.