About Move with Mumma
Manda's Fitness Journey
I started my fitness journey in 2013 when I decided I wasn’t happy with my lifestyle habits and my body shape. I was working in France, partying and eating a lot of junk food.
I decided to make a change and signed up for a half marathon with 8 months to train. I built up slowly from walking and ended up loving running and changed my whole lifestyle.
Long story short, I was unfit and unhealthy (and having lots of fun), but after my half marathon I knew that I wanted to help other women start their own fitness and healthy lifestyle journey.
At age 28 I trained to be a fitness instructor and later became a personal trainer.
I ran community fitness classes in Mansfield, which started off just me and my mum, and they built up over time.
2013 / 2019
Aged Early 20's / Early 30's
Move with Mumma
I moved from Mansfield to Chesterfield in 2016 and started to meet more and more pregnant and postnatal women.
In all my previous fitness training, this stage of a womens life was hardly mentioned. I started to look into it and realised that the information out there was often confusing, and that there weren’t many local specialised classes for mum and baby.
As soon as I started learning about pregnancy, birth and postnatal recovery, I was hooked! Women’s bodies are amazing!
I wanted to create a comfortable place for women to come with their babies, a non-intimidating environment to build strength safely, have fun and bond with baby.
Move with Mumma is ran by myself but it wouldn’t be anything without the supportive community who help me every step of the way. From the members past and present supporting eachother and me, to my friends and Nick who help out at every event and fundraiser.
- – Adore your Pelvic Floor – Awareness Workshop
– Burrell Education – Working Outdoors With The Pregnant and Post Natal Client.
– Burrell Education – Advanced CPD Modern Post Natal Assessment, Core Restore & Functional Exercise Programming.
– Burrell Education – Post Natal Nutrition for Fat Loss & Optimal Nutrition for Post Natal Healing and Recovery.
– Blossom & Berry – Stretch, Learn & Play (Babies & Toddlers: 4 Months – 3 Years).
– IAHT Baby Massage Diploma – Distinction.
– YMCA Level 3 Pre & Postnatal Specialist.
– YMCA Level 3 Exercise (GP) Referral Personal Trainer.
– CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Person Training.
– CYQ Level 3 Nutrition.
– CYQ Level 2 Gym Instructor.
– Zumba Instructor, Indoor Cycling, Bodyattack, Bodypump, PiYo.
– CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Exercise to Music.